Monday, January 17, 2011

The start of a new novel

The other day I was bored, so I started writing a story. I do this all the time--I just make up little world, characters, and things like that, but there isn't really a plot or a point to the story. I wrote about these twin girls, Attina and Violanna, who lived with a dragon named Castor. The first page sort of read like the book "The Dragon Rider." I was writing about the character's personalities. Attina was much more dragon-like: she was peaceful, thought things through, she was kind and sweet. Her twin, Violanna, was much tougher and sharper. Smart and dark. Then I got this idea--what if Violanna turns on Attina? And from that idea, another idea was born--what if I wrote a re-telling of sorts of the myth of Romulus and Remus? I had started my story from somewhere in the middle, just for fun. Now, I went back and wrote the beginning. Violanna and Attina had been abandoned by birth. For reasons unknown, they were rejected by their families had had been dropped of the edge of a cliff (things like this did happen in ancient Greece, though this isn't set in this world...). By pure luck (or was it destiny?) they fell into a bird's nest and were saved. Then the bird comes back to the nest and attempts to eat the baby girls, but a dragon named Gwetha rescues them. She's a young mother to a dragon named Castor. She raises Violanna and Attina--and that's all the spoilers I'm going to give ;). I'm going to continue with this one, I think, and write it into my next novel! Of course, I'm hoping to write a squeal after "The Hero's Quest", called "Discovering Truth," but I really want to get started with this one! I'm starting to think up titles (which I am SO bad at). Any ideas?

Peace, Love, and Olympus,
Annabeth713
P.S. This is my fifty-first post!!! :)

No comments: