Thursday, January 20, 2011

Doctor Who Prom 2010: This is Gallifrey / Vale Decem



Wow...these two brilliant pieces of music by Murray Gold are so beautiful. They are epic and fantastic and wonderful. The second, Vale Decem, always makes me want to cry :') especially what with where the song was played :( (Tenth Doctor's regeneration--the first time I saw it, I was like "Yay, time for Matt Smith!" Second, I found it a little sad. Third, I was in tears)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy these fabulous pieces of music. Also, thank you to my friend Jenna, my latest follower. Jenna is starting up a blog about The Hunger Games, that I hope you will enjoy. I would definetly recommend following and reading her blog (also, Zach's--I forgot to mention his blog last time around.) Anyways, enjoy the music. If ANYONE out there knows where I can find the sheet music, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE tell me!!! I really would like to play these songs with my band. We aren't advanced enough yet--in fact, we haven't even PLAYED together yet--but in a few years I think these two beautiful songs would be amazing to play. I even know a few singers who in a few years might be good enough to sing "Vale Decem!" Anyways, enjoy!

Peace, Love, and Olympus,
Annabeth713

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so sweet anna!! Thank's for the info on Zach's blog! I will definetly check it out!

Anonymous said...

I have a follow-up comment, what does "Vale Decem" mean? I assumeed it has something to do with DW.

Annabeth713 said...

Vale Decem is Latin for "Farewell Ten" since this song was played when the Tenth Doctor regenerates into the Eleventh. Here's the full translation of the song:
Farewell, Ten
On to eternity
The fates be with you
On to eternity.
Farewell, Ten
The fates be with you.
Oh, blessed he
Who brought us peace.
Farewell, Ten
Lay down your burden
We will remember you forever more.
Farewell, Ten
We give you thanks.
On to eternity
You are not alone
Never
Trust to the last
Farewell…

Anonymous said...

wow, that is more sad than I thought! Thanks!