Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And just like that, everything is back to normal

I won't go into details, because I think Jenna's going to post about it soon (check out her blog--it's awesome!), but last weekend, we attended the best dance ever, and truly had the time of our lives. We were crazy and spazzy and didn't care than anyone was looking. We just danced and danced and had the best time ever. And for a while, I thought things would stay like that. Jenna and I would continue to text each other, discussing our brilliant night. People would continue to talk about the dance in the halls. That amazing feeling of freedom would last forever.

But it didn't.

Of course it didn't. Eventually, everything goes back to normal. Tonight, all that exhilaration left me, and I was left thoroughly depressed.

Why does everything have to go back to normal? Why can't we stay excited and giddy forever? I don't know. I don't want to think about it.

For the past few days, I've been blissfully happy. Now, once again, I'm sad. Usually, when I'm sad, there's no reason behind it--I'm just feeling sad. But this time, I have a reason.

Because everything went back to normal.

No comments: