Friday, January 20, 2012

Defending My Little Pony

Contrary to what my friend Brandon will tell you, I haven't gone all "girly." I just happen to really enjoy "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic." Surprisingly, it has interesting storylines, witty dialogue, and fun characters. And it's not all pink-and-lacy-and-hearts-and-flowers like it used to be. It appeals to all audiences. In fact, if you have never heard the term "Brony" (a MLP fan over the age of 12, mostly male, although the term can work for females as well) then I'm guessing you're pretty new to the internet.

A girl can like The Clone Wars AND My Little Pony!!!
In fact, I found this picture to prove it:


Of course, I'm pretty sure that's a G3 Pony, which is sad...However, it IS an Ahsoka pony...which opens up a whole new world of fan fiction in my head XD

When you google search "The Clone Wars+My Little Pony, a Doctor Who picture comes up
Which, of course, makes me very happy.

I'm still a tomboy, but I just happen to like pastel colored ponies
Is that so wrong?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is truly brilliant
If you don't believe me, see for yourself. I was skeptic, too, but I ended up loving it. I immediately could relate to Twilight, the bookish, anti-social pony. My friend Adi is just like Rainbow Dash. In my group of friends, we have almost every personality of the mane six, with the exception of Applejack (maybe Jenna could be Applejack?) You WILL find a Pony to whom you can relate, and you WILL love the show--I promise.

WARNING
Watching this show may cause the following side-effects:
-The desire to love and tolerate your enemies
-the urge to say "everypony" instead of "everybody"
-the enjoyment of songs that would usually make you want to kill somebody.
-an extreme love/fear of pink ponies who defy the laws of physics...(I'm looking at you, Pinkie Pie).

2 comments:

Brandon Bish said...

I have yet to hear of the term "Brony" and I'm by no means "new to the internet" :P
~Brandon

Annabeth713 said...

Brandon:
A) I KNOW you have heard the term Brony because I have used it in conversation with you.
B) If you haven't heard it on the internet, maybe you just aren't looking in the right places...