Monday, January 2, 2012

Geek-Off

Since I've got a lot of free time now that it's winter break, I've been watching a lot of videos on Youtube, mainly those created by Charlie McDonnell, aka charlieissocoollike. I came across his "Nerd-Off" video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7syfhrVaLo&feature=related), and decided I wanted to do something like that myself. However, I am a geek, not a nerd, so what I'm doing here is a Geek-Off instead.

-I spend at least 10 hours a week on the computer
-I (obviously) have several blogs
-I have started a Star Wars blog
-When I was little, my favorite toys were hard drives from computers
-I am very shy (I prefer to be alone, tend to "hide" in libraries rather than converse with my peers (long story), and for reasons I cannot completely explain, I cannot talk to strangers or talk on the phone.)
-I've dedicated my life to Doctor Who
-I have a shrine to Doctor Who on my dresser
-My poster collection includes two Doctor Who posters, a Star Wars poster, and a poster of a My Little Pony my friend drew for me, whose cutie mark is a TARDIS
-I own a fez signed by Matt Smith and Karen Gillan
-I read Star Wars books
-My favorite book is "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
-I wikipedia things in my free time (I don't know if this is very geeky, it's just kinda quirky)
-I know the different lightsaber forms, and I study form II (Makashi) and form V (Djem-So)
-I own six lightsabers
-I read and write fan fiction
-I once tried to learn Gallifreyan
-I love watching the History, Science, and Discovery channels.
-I am very interested in astrophysics, quantum physics, and astronomy
-I'm spending my time writing this list of my geeky traits

I'm sure there are more, but these are all I can think of at the moment.

I'm a proud geek, honestly. I don't know why geekiness is looked down upon by popular culture. It's fun to be a geek. It's fun to be able to spaz and obsess over something no one's ever heard of, and not worry about what anyone thinks. For all you geeks out there reading this (and nerds to, I suppose), embrace your geekiness (and nerdiness. Whatever). One day, geeks will rule the world! Mwahahaha! Oh, and for all you non-geeks out there reading this, give geekiness a chance.

No comments: