Friday, December 16, 2011

Academic Torture

As you might have guessed by the title, NEXT WEEK IS FINALS WEEK. My brain hasn't quite gotten to the "ohmygod-finals-soon-im-going-to-die-i-need-to-study-to-death" phase yet, but it's right around the corner. Currently, I'm in the lovely "finals? What finals? I don't have finals next week. Hahaha. WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME WE HAVE FINALS NEXT WEEK???" phase of total denial. So what am I doing? The only thing there IS to do, of course.

I'm procrastinating.

On the bright side, I've started two new original stories and a fan-fiction, edited the writing submissions for my school Literary Magazine, checked my email, commented on all my favorite blogs, established myself as a true Whovian on College Confidential (a website all about--you guessed it--college. My mom is obsessed with it. I'm not so obsessed, but there are some really nice people online there, and the conversations are pretty interesting, so I check in from time to time), added several items to my Hanukkah wishlist, and updated my iPod. On the down side, I've got finals in three short days, and I've barely studied at all.

But again, looking at the positives, procrastination is a great cure for writer's block. I've written more this week then I have since I wrote that 27-page-long "short" story for extra credit in English. Of course, I've also missed the submission date for the Scholastic Young Writers Award, so maybe procrastination isn't the BEST cure after all...

Ah, well...I'd better get to studying, or at least finish up my submission for this month's Lit Mag. I probably won't have time to study until after Finals, so wish me luck!
Geronimo!
Annabeth713

No comments: