Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm procrastinating on my math homework. Got a problem with that?

The math homework itself isn't the problem--the problem is the Binder Check looming over my head. See, I'm really disorganized. Actually, that's an understatement. I'm so unorganized, I have lost giant pencil cases in the dark, frightening depths of my messy backpack. Plus I'm forgetful--I have been known to lose my phone when it's sitting in my left hand. So as you can imagine, binder checks are not pleasant for me. How could they be? In fact, binder checks make me want to hide under my bed and not come out for a year. I'm probably more afraid of them then I'm afraid of the Silence, and that's really saying something. I mean--think about it, there could be a Silent right behind you and you wouldn't know it (if you don't watch Doctor Who, you might not even know what a Silence IS--count yourself lucky), just like there could be a binder check tomorrow in math class, and (just like with the Silence) you've totally forgotten, and now you're freaking out and about to die (again, like you would be if you turned around to find a Silence). You see--binder checks and the Silence are one in the same, and I am terrified of both.

I really should be orginizing my binder--putting headings and dates on all the homework assignments and notes--but I just can't bring myself to do it. To do that would be to admit that there really is a binder check tomorrow, and that will just send me into a panic once again. And believe me, I really don't need that.

At least tomorrow is the last day of the school week this way (yay Rosh Hashana!) so after first period math tomorrow I can just forget about the binder and not have to worry about getting my grade yet, but then again, knowing my luck and knowing my parent's nightly ritual of checking my grades online, come Saturday my math teacher will have posted the grade online and my parents will get mad at me right before my Doctor Who party. Uh-oh.

Well, I mean, they can't get TOO mad. I HAVE had perfect grades all semester. And they already know that binder checks are not my strong suit. But still. They'll be pretty mad.

Still, my new math teacher is pretty nice. Perhaps she'll take mercy on me? My super-strict English teacher last year did, and I was elated (she did take off five points though...she said it had to do with the "improper format for the table of contents," but I think it might have had to do with the fact that I drew "I love Matt Smith" all over the back cover, and she's a die-hard David Tennant fan). But that teacher already liked me, liked my writing, and knew me outside of regular class because I was in Literary Magazine. So, you know, she was more inclined to be nice towards me.

THIS teacher hardly know me at all. And I know I'm missing stuff, because they fell out of my binder and now I'm freaking out. Ack! But on the bright side, It's only one or two things--I've had a lot more missing in the past. And in this class, binder checks are only worth ten percent. So yay. Since I've got straight A's in math at the moment, this should barely effect my grade at all. Thank God.

Well, that's all for now. I don't know if I'll be posting until after the New Year (no, I don't mean January first, I mean Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year) so Shana Tova everybody!
שנה טובה
-Annabeth713

No comments: