Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sorcerer's Apprentice=Awesome!!!!


I saw the Sorcerer's Apprentice at 11:00 am today and it was SOSOSOSOSOSOSO good!!! Totally awesome! I've been saying for a while now that it was the perfect blend of Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Star Wars, and I was 100% right! And for those of you who may disagree with me (about the Star Wars bit) here is a line that may change your mind:
Maxim: You don't need to see my faculty identification
Guard Dude: I don't need to see your faculty identification
I knew at that minute that that was a rip off of Jedi Mind Tricks, but this next line just proved it
Evil Apprentice Dude: Haha "These are not the driods you are looking for."
As any deticated Star Wars fan can tell you, that is a line from Star Wars episode 4, when Obi-Wan uses a Jedi Mind Trick to confuse the stormtroopers.

Anyways, the movie was totally great, and has become my favorite movie of all time. It was awesome and funny and mixed the three series I am obsessed with without making seem like they were *totally* ripping off PJO, HP and SW. My fav character was Balthizar; he reminded me a lot of Obi-Wan in many, many ways. First off, he's got an unobidiant, super powerful apprentice. Second he has a hilarious yet somewhat strange sense of humor. And third...I don't know. He just has that Obi-Wan-ish-ness about him. Strange, I know, but true.

Well, I'm rambling now. So I'll get on to the point. The Sorcerer's Apprentice is the best movie I've ever seen. It mixes ancient magic and a modern setting the way nothing else, not even Percy Jackson, has. If you are debating going to see this movie, SEE IT, because it is so totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I guess I found something else to obsess over. Add it to the list. :)