Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Probably the Best Day of my life


Well, I can cross something big off my bucket list. I can cross the two most important people off of my "people I must meet" list. Why? Because today, I MET MATT SMITH AND KAREN GILLAN, MY FAVORITE DOCTOR/COMPANION, AND MY HEROES!!!!!!!! Both were super nice and I loved talking to them. They signed the inside of my fez, which officially makes me the owner of the coolest fez ever. And they signed my brother's noise-making replica of the TARDIS. And they even held my bro's favorite sonic--a replica of River's from the episode "Silence in the Library." This was definitely one of the best days of my life. Matt and Karen, I hope I get the chance to meet you again, because you both are so sweet and I'd love to spend more time with you. If you ever read this, there are a few things I wanted to tell you but couldn't because I ran out of time: I know you hear this a lot, but I am the biggest Whovian on the West Coast of America. I told you I spend all my time thinking about Doctor Who, and that's absolutely true. I simply can't imagine a life without Doctor Who. You guys really improved my life, and at a time when my thoughts were darkest, you brought a bucket of happiness into my life. Thank you so much. I told you you were my favorite Doctor and Companion, and that's more than true. You are MY Doctor. Amy Pond is the companion who, if it were possible, would be my best friend. You might recall that my shirt read "You never forget your first Doctor." Well, that's absolutely true, and Matt, YOU were my first Doctor. There may be twenty Doctors by the time I grow up, but the fact will always remain that you were my first and my favorite. Hopefully, by that time I will have fulfilled my dream of writing for Doctor Who. Whoever the Doctor is at that point, I will never forget the Matt Smith years, and will always try to bring a touch of that back into my writing. Thank you for all that you have given me--not just happiness, but inspiration for my writing, something that means almost as much to me as Doctor Who does. Thank you, Matt and Karen. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

anna! i am sooo jealous right now!!!:D did you ask him any questions?! and u must show me ur fez next time i see you!!