Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Okay, so, I pick choir as my elective, right? But there is no choir, so they put me in theater. Which I'm okay with, because I like acting. So I get really excited about theater, but there's no teacher. We--the drama kids--wait for our teacher. Today she comes, and tell us that we cannot be in the drama production unless we do the after school drama club. I figure that will be okay with my parents, and I go home and tell my mom. She says she has to think about it and talk to my dad about it, which is parent-speak for "No!" So right now I am very depressed. I really really really want to be in the production. I want it to be Wicked. A year ago, I was OBSESSED with Wicked, just as much as I'm obsessed with Star Wars or Percy Jackson now (speaking of Percy Jackson, I got this HUGE PJO the Lightning Thief poster that is litteraly bigger then my little brother). So being in Wicked would be...well, wicked :). But now I might not be able to. I am so sad! :(. I feel depressed every single day because I miss being in band, and I thought that drama could be my new band (or choir, if there was a choir, but there isn't). It makes me feel lost to think I won't have band or choir or theater. I don't know what to do. I think I will visit my old school sometime soon and bring my flute and sit in on a band class. That would make me happy...
Oh well. Sorry to vent on you guys, but where else am I going to?
Peace, Love, and Happiness,
*Annabeth713*

2 comments:

Talia said...

Awe, that's awful, but don't get too discouraged! Your parents haven't made a decision yet so it could STILL be a yes. Don't jump to exclusions just yet. I kind of know how you feel though. I love theater just as much as I love reading, writing, and singing (A LOT BTW) so when I realized my drama teacher won't be back for 7th grade I was really depressed when we got another drama teacher who was really a gym teacher and taught us nothing because she knew nothing. This year the same thing is happening except with this really mean literacy teacher. It's vair vair unfair, I just want to perform monologues, have my big play that my school always has, and just be in DRAMA. It stinks, but the two of us will make it. Lets not get too down about it all so soon. Lots of love <3

Annabeth713 said...

Thanks, Talia! Your comment really cheered me up! :)